Electric Motor WinderApply now »
Date: May 6, 2017
Location: New Haven, CT, US, 06513
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Timken Motor & Crane division is the largest electric motor, controls and generator repair group in the Northeast, providing electric motor repairs, electric motor rewinds, custom controls and panels, systems integration, pump services, machine rebuilds, hydro services, safety-related services, energy efficiency solutions, and diagnostic services for commercial and industrial applications.
Motor Winder Job Duties
- Illustrate and/or document all relevant data specific to unit’s electro-magnetic characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage or intended serviceability.
- Rewind various electro-mechanical equipment, including but not limited to: single phase, three-phase, dc fields, armatures, wound rotors and transformers. Observe proper insulating techniques and/or requirements during rewinding.
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment, including but not limited to: winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift trucks, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various hand-held power and non-power tools.
- Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience making and installing random/mush wound coils, form wound coils, brake coils, low/medium/high voltage A/C stators and rotors.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to maintain all safety and safe-working-condition requirements and steps
- Ability to wear task-appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to read, write, and understand technical information commonly presented in English.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: New Haven
Nearest Secondary Market: Hartford
Job Segment: Warehouse, Forklift, Manufacturing